School Closing Alert
AlertNow Phone System
The Cardinal Schools’ rapid phone notification system informs parents/students/ staff of emergencies, such as school closings or special events. This system allows over 1600 calls to be made electronically in a matter of minutes.
Please make note of the following
- Weather cancellations are usually made by 5:30 a.m. for school closing or by noon for an early release.
- Informational messages are normally made between 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- Should a message not play completely, press any number on the phone.
- The caller may be the superintendent or a principal.
- The numbers called are obtained from the student’s records in each building.
- To change a number please contact Kristie Steyer at 440.632.0261.
> Cardinal Local School’s Snow Line: 440.632.0296
> To see Geauga County road conditions click here.
Be sure to monitor local TV, radio or cable outlets
Cardinal Local Schools subscribes to an emergency media notification list. All television and radio stations within the Greater Cleveland area receive a notification of our closing. The speed in which the information is relayed to the public depends on each station.