Municipal Income Tax
Village Tax Administrator
The Village Tax Administrator is appointed by the Mayor and approved by Village Council. This individual is responsible for the collection of all village income tax.
The Village of Middlefield has a 1% Village Income Tax through 12/31/2018, one of the lowest rates in Geauga County, in effect since 1978. Beginning 1/1/2019 the Village Income Tax rate will be 1.25%. Persons subject to Village Income Tax include those 18 years of age or older having taxable income whether resident or non-resident and business entities within the Village. New residents and businesses should register at the Municipal Center with the Village Tax Administrator.
All taxpayers who are subject to pay Municipal Income Tax to the Village of Middlefield, Ohio will submit all Municipal Tax forms and payments to the Village of Middlefield, 14860 N. State Ave., Middlefield, Oh 44062. Any questions or concerns regarding your Municipal Tax obligations can be discussed by calling 440.632.5248 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Municipal Tax Office is open Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
The purpose of the Village of Middlefield’s income tax is to fund general municipal operations; equipment maintenance; extension, enlargement and improvement of municipal services and facilities; and capital improvements. This tax is levied on all salaries, wages, commissions, and other compensation earned by residents, businesses, and non-residents for work done or services performed in the municipality. No deductions are allowed.
The Village now accepts all major credit and debit cards for all of your village payments, including income tax.
Penalties & Interest Information
You can use one of our forms or we are also available on Ohio Business Gateway.
Middlefield Income Tax Forms
Do you need more help using these forms? Click here!
- 2018 Income Tax Return
- Income Tax Return Form – After 1/1/2019
- Income Tax Return Form – Before 12/31/2017
Other Tax Forms
- Frequent Asked Questions about Village of Middlefield Income Taxes.
- Quarterly Notice of Installment Due on Estimated Tax Declared (Form Q1)
- Business Development Incentives
- Employer’s Return of Tax Withheld This form is used for monthly/quarterly employer withholdings.
- Reconciliation of Village Income Tax Withheld From Wages (W-3)
- Line by Line Instruction
- Annual Income Tax Returns
- INSTRUCTION UPDATE
- Company Profile Business Registration
- Apartment Rental update listing
- Exemption Certificate This form is used by residents that have no taxable income and needs to be filed every year by April 15
Income Tax Reports
Annual Interest Rate per (HB5)
2016 Tax Year- 5.0% per annum .42% per month
2017 Tax Year- 6.0% per annum .50% per month
2018 Tax Year- 6.0% per annum .50% per month
2019 Tax Year- 7.0% per annum .583% per month