Chief William Reed – Fire Chief
Ph: 440.632.1907 | Billreed@middlefieldohio.com
Assistant Chief Scott Anderson | email@example.com
Captain Tony Yeropoli | firstname.lastname@example.org
Captain Daniel Rhodes | email@example.com
Lieutenant Ben Reed | firstname.lastname@example.org
Lieutenant Aric Anderson | email@example.com
Lieutenant Jessica Nevison | firstname.lastname@example.org
Established in 1928, the Middlefield Fire Department serves the Village of Middlefield with 1 Rescue Pumper, 2 Combination Pumper/Tankers, 1 75ft Ladder Truck, 1 spare Pumper; for use when one of the front line apparatus is unavailable, 1 Combination Air/Haz Mat Truck, 1 Utility/Pickup truck and 1 GMC Yukon Chief/Officer’s vehicle.
Fire Station 1 is staffed with 3 Firefighters during the daytime hours and 4 Firefighters during the night time hours. The increase in manning during the night hours is due to the statistically higher life safety hazard to our residents in dwelling fires which occur at night – when most people are asleep. Off duty Firefighters are called in when additional manpower is needed due to a large incident or multiple simultaneously occurring incidents.
The Middlefield Fire Department is rated as an ISO (Insurance Services Office) Class 3 in the Village. Our average response time to incidents in the Village is approximately 2 minutes and 28 seconds.
- Annual industry inspections insuring all our businesses and industries are safe and hold no risk to their surrounding neighbors
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors providing and installing in local homes and businesses
- Fire Education – fire personnel provide fire education in all grades
- Speakers Bureau – fire personnel are happy to speak at all community events, organizations
- Safety and disaster planning – in the event of a community, state or national disaster, our experienced fire fighters are prepared and work with community leaders and members to insure safety and rapid response should the unexpected, unanticipated happen
> Middlefield Village Emergency Response Plan