Earned Income Tax Levy Information
The Village of Middlefield needs your help. Our roads, water & sewer lines, and other infrastructure are currently in aging and in poor condition; the quality of life in our Village depends on the passing of the .25% earned income tax increase in November.
HELP US MAINTAIN, IMPROVE AND ADVANCE OUR VILLAGE AND OUR INFRASTRUCTURE.
IF IT PASSES:
- Village roads will be repaved
- Water system maintenance
- Water line replacements – to improve service reliability
- Sewer line repairs
- Road repair list
- Sidewalks will be repaired by village
- Lighting in town
- – LED lighting
IF IT FAILS:
- Assets will continue to age and require repairs
- Repairing sidewalks will not be feasible
- Water lines and sewer lines will continue to break
- It will not be feasible to fix or maintain the infrastructure; including village roads
List of Roadways to Be Repaired
Click on link to see current conditions as of 7-18-2018 (more to be listed soon)
Message from Service Director
The registration deadline is 30 days before any election.
- October 9, 2018 for the November 6, 2018 General Election
Once you are registered to vote, however, you do not need to re-register for each election. If you move from one area of the county to another, you will need to either fill in a new registration form for your new address or just send Geauga County Board of Elections a note with your old address, new address and signature. You will receive a new voter card in the mail showing your new precinct and polling location.