Middlefield Means Health Days
The Village of Middlefield in partnership with University Hospitals Geauga Medical Center and Community Care is launching Middlefield Means Health 2018, a community health and wellness initiative. The goal is to promote a healthier Middlefield by encouraging and supporting village residents in improving their personal wellness. Several Middlefield Fitness Clubs are offering special deals in conjunction with this effort; scroll down for details.
Login and Check your progress: www.hChoices.com
2018 Topic Calendar
January –Health Awareness Month
February- Heart Disease Awareness : Click here for information on the FREE Calcium Score Test Information
March- Colon Cancer Awareness
April- Allergy Awareness
May- Stroke Awareness
July- Sports Medicine
August- Family Health and Fitness
September- Prostate Cancer Awareness
October- Breast Cancer Awareness
November- Lung Cancer Awareness
December- Stress and Financial Management
Each Month will include:
- Monthly Screenings: Blood Pressure, Cholesterol, Blood Sugar, and BMI Screenings.
- Each month will have an additional screening that relates to the month’s topic.
What is the Middlefield Means Health Days Competition?
The Middlefield Means Health Days is a year long competition that takes a team/community approach to building healthier lifestyles. The players on each team strive to be more aware of their personal health and pursue approaches that will help in the betterment of their overall health.
Each Middlefield Means Health Day Team will compete against each other.
- Each team will be made up of employees or residents. Residents or smaller businesses can be put on the Village Team.
- One Employee MUST be Team Captain – this is the contact person for the team
Middlefield Means Health Days is a yearlong monthly program held on the 2nd Thursday of each month at the Middlefield Library.
You’ll earn points throughout the challenge for making healthy choices and improving your screening results. Here’s a breakdown of the Middlefield Means Health Days point system:
- Participation at Monthly event 10 points
- Total number of team steps for the month (points calculated based on number of team participants at 10,000 steps per day)
- % improvement on Team blood pressure screening 1 point for every percent decreased
- % improvement on Team Blood glucose Screenings 1 point for every percent decreased
- % Improvement on Team Body Mass Index (BMI) 1 point for every percent decreased
- % improvement on Team Cholesterol Screenings 1 point for every percent decreased
- BONUS POINTS (added at the last month health Day)
- 12 points for completing all 12 months of the program
- 9 points for completing in 9 months of the program
- 6 points for completing in 6 months of the program
- 3 points for completing in 3 months of the program
Activity Sheets will be provided to record your steps and exercises. These Activity Sheets are for your records only to help you remember and record your activities each day. Team Captains are responsible for submitting to email@example.com the teams percentage decrease/increase.
This will be a 12 month competition with teams competing to win each quarter and overall for the year. After each quarter of the completion winners will be announced, after the full 12 months of competition the teams will be invited to a celebration where the overall winners will be announced.
The competition is designed to include people of all fitness and activity levels, whether they are already active or not. All participants who are interested can participate, learn new things, and have fun!
There will be awards for:
- Quarterly Team Winners
- Overall Middlefield Means Health Days Team Winner
- Team who loses the most % of BMI
- Team who has the most steps
- Team who has the most improved Blood Pressure Screening
- Team who has the most improved Blood Glucose screening
- Team who has the most improved Cholesterol Screening
Community Care will be assisting those who are home bound. A representative will schedule a time to meet with you one on one to provide the month’s topical information and screenings. All who are participating through their homes will be put on the Village Team.
It is the Team Captain’s responsibility to record the number of total team steps. They also need to get everyone ready and excited to participate! If so desired, the Team Captain can also delegate each team member to submit their own statistics if they wish. Please email the monthly totals to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject “ MMHD Team Name – month“.
How much does it cost?
The Cost is free thanks to our Partners University Hospitals and Community Care. Each participant will receive their unique login information that they can track their progress in.
Can’t make it to Middlefield Means Health Day and want to participate?
Community Care will be assisting those who are unable to attend. A representative will schedule a time to meet with you one on one to provide the month’s topical information and screenings.
University Hospitals will provide onsite screenings should your company want to participate but is not able to get employees to the monthly event.
Please contact 440.632.3540 or email@example.com to have a representative contact you for scheduling.
Special Offers from Local Fitness Centers