Make a difference in your community by becoming a volunteer today!
WorkReation opportunities are available in many areas within the Recreation Department. Jobs may involve helping at special events, assisting with recreation programs by refereeing, scorekeeping, or assisting a coach, office or park work. Participants do not receive any monetary compensation, but earn valuable job experience and community service hours. Volunteers will be placed in a position that matches their interests and capabilities. Hours are flexible and mutually arranged by a staff member from the Recreation Department and participant.
Absorb Yourself in PLAY
Assist Recreation Leaders with youth
Programs and special events at our local parks.
Develop important Leadership skills that can be extremely valuble to you in whatever career path you choose.
Take Action by helping to coach a youth sport and accelerate your self-confidence while mentoring young athletes.
Receive work experience to add to Your resume for future jobs or college, and collect service credits needed to fulfill school requirements.
Volunteering with Middlefield Recreation is fun, challenging and rewarding.
- Challenge youself.
- Collect service credits needed to fulfill school requirements.
- Discover and develop new talents.
- Mentor children and make a difference in their lives.
- Share yourself and what you know.
- Experience the personal satisfaction of contributing to your community.
- Explore career possibilities.
- Gain valuable leadership skills
- Get healthier; be more active, relieve stress, fight boredom and exerecise.
- Grow your knowledge and understanding of local government.
- Increase your confidence and self esteem.
- Meet people; make friends and build local connections.
- Refine your social skills.
- Enhance your resume.
- Secure job references.
To learn more about opportunities to make an impact in your community