The Village of Middlefield’s slogan, “Where Industry Meets Agriculture,” captures the essence of this community as well as its landscape. While Middlefield epitomizes rural charm, it is also one of the most prosperous Villages of its size in Northeastern Ohio and home to several global industries and manufacturers including:
- Chem Technologies, Ltd. – a chemical dispersion and blend manufacturer with specialized experience in cure systems, resins, antidegradant/stabilizer systems, fillers and polymers
- Flambeau – manufacturing plastic products for professional hobbyists and enthusiasts
- HEXPOL’s Gold Key Processing – a custom rubber compounding company, that sits on 20 acres of land in a 160,000 sq. ft. facility, with the opportunity to expand in the future
- KraftMaid – the leading manufacturer of “semi-custom” cabinets in the United States
- Myers Industries’ Dillen Products – the leading U.S. manufacturer of horticultural growing containers
- Neff Perkins – manufacturing rubber and plastic products
- Tarkett’s Johnsonite – engaging in the design, manufacturing, installation and maintenance of flooring products with $200 million in annual sales across North America and the globe
Middlefield and the whole of Geauga County are rich in natural resources. Sand, shale, natural gas, fresh water, lumber – enabling major manufacturers of rubber, plastics, glass, wood products and just-in-time supply systems, saving money due to proximity of suppliers.
Technological advances in polymer research has resulted in this region being a world-wide leader in the field. Company clusters – rubber, plastics, polymers – benefit from intellectual cross pollination and an experienced, educated employees.
Downtown development includes a host of unique shops, family owned businesses, national retail chains such as Wal-Mart, and a vast array of dining options. Citizens of our community make Middlefield what it is – from the residents to the business owners, to the industrialists, dairymen, Amish craftsmen, farmers and businessmen.
In 2009, Forbes Magazine ranked Geauga County as the fourth-best place in America to raise a family.
Middlefield Village government is dedicated to the physical and economic development of properties located within the Village. Among its highest priorities is to undertake public improvements that have the greatest impact to strengthen the Village and attract new investments.
Middlefield Means Business
> View Census Details
> View Demographics
> View State Audit
Cardinal Local Schools, with its highly qualified teaching staff, provide a wide range of academic and extra-curricular opportunities for its students, who frequently receive local and state recognition for their accomplishments. Cardinal maintains the lowest per pupil expenditure of the schools in Geauga County according to the latest Ohio Department of Education expenditure model and continually strives to be cost efficient in its operations.
Consecutive Excellent ratings of schools in the Cardinal District: www.cardinalschools.org
Cardinal High School (CHS)
~ Excellent rating for 10 consecutive years
Cardinal Middle School (CMS)
~ Excellent rating for 4 consecutive years
Cardinal Intermediate School (CIS)
~ Excellent rating for 1 year
A J Jordak Elementary School
~ Excellent rating for 5 consecutive years
The Cardinal Local School District was awarded a four year grant in 2010 from the Federal Government called, “Race to the Top” (RTTT). RTTT is a contest created to spur innovation and reforms in state and local district K-12 education, with the goal to improve student instruction through teacher professional development applying new standards, collection and use of data, teacher/principal evaluation systems and updating technological and related equipment in the classroom.
The Cardinal Treasurer’s Office was one of eight districts in the state to receive the Auditor’s Award for Outstanding Financial Reporting for FY 2011. For the past 14 years, the District has received the Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting.
Interesting Geauga County, Ohio Stats